Replies

MeetingPlace question

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a new MPE installation, i have 20 voice licenses and 6 web licenses,

as we know MPE supports only G711 natively, which means 84k for each call

my question is what if i have one voice conference session and this session contains 20 voice participants does this mean i will have a total of 20 x 84k running on my WAN, assuming users are distributed in many locations over WAN .. or how it is calculated

pleae help clarifying this

thanks

1 Reply 1

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Some information from the CUCM SRND that may be useful to you:

* During normal operation, all voice, video, and web traffic from remote offices is sent across the IP WAN and terminates at Unified MPE in the central site.

* The same QoS and call admission control mechanisms used for the existing Cisco Unified Communications deployment are required. For purposes of call admission control, Unified MPE should be treated as a telephony gateway in the central site.

* In addition to G.711 mu-law and a-law codec support, Unified MPE also supports G.729a natively for optimal bandwidth usage across the IP WAN.

* Native G.729a codec support requires numerous Unified MPE system resources. A single G.729a audio call costs 5 SRUs from the overall system capacity pool. Deploying an external transcoding resource to transcode the voice stream from G.729a or other non-G.711 codec to G.711 codec would allow greater scalability with Unified MPE.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mtplacex.html#wp1048966

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: