Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetMe redundancy

dfokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've got CUCM 5.1 cluster with 2 nodes. Both of them have CFB configured on them and both CFB's are in the same MRG. This MRG is assigned to Device Pool, which is assigned to all phones and gateways. After some period of time I have met a problem with intercluster trunk and I've got to reset CallManager service on the nodes one-by-one to fix this problem. This caused the meetme conference to be disconnencted. Why has the conference disconnected? Is there any way to avoid such behaviour?

TIA!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kvancoil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default your H.323 calls will disconnect unless you have configured on the GW, under your voice-class h323

- call preserve (you can find more information about this command in
the command lookup tool)

Also, please make sure that in CUCM under service parameters (advanced)
you set the below service parameter to true:

- Allow Peer to Preserve H.323 Calls

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

kvancoil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the device pool associated to your conference bridge, what callmanager group is configured there?

This group contains both servers.

What type of CFB do you use: the one from IPVMS or hosted on a GW? When you restarted the ccm service, what members were in the meetme conference that were disconnected (pstn call / intercluster trunk / sccp phones).

It is software bridges, hosted directly on CUCM servers. During reset in the conference where internal sccp users and 2 or 3 PSTN users, connected through H.323 Gateway

kvancoil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default your H.323 calls will disconnect unless you have configured on the GW, under your voice-class h323

- call preserve (you can find more information about this command in
the command lookup tool)

Also, please make sure that in CUCM under service parameters (advanced)
you set the below service parameter to true:

- Allow Peer to Preserve H.323 Calls

Ok, thank you! Will try it. And what to do with MGCP GW?

MGCP has call preservation (during  failover and           failback), more information at the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00806fedbe.shtml

Cheers,

Kristof

As far as I remeber, enabling H323 call preserve has one drawback: when phone turns off during conversation (frequent situation in environment with bad cabling and very emotional users) rtp frames are flooding the network unless other side hangs up.