Views
Helpful
Replies

Mensagem de Auth-Fail Error quando liga o IP Phone 7941

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Ola,

Estou tendo problemas alguns telefones 7941 que não esta carregando firmware. Quando ligo o aparelho, percebo que ele tenta carregar o firmware mais por algum motivo não consegue e aparece rapidamente a mensagem acima. Como não é possivel verificar a versão de firmware atual, ja tentei colocar varias versões, já tentei reset de fabrica e mesmo assim o problema persiste. Alguma idéia?

Obrigado,

Wilson

6 Replies 6

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wilson,

Following is the translation of your query using Google Pls correct it as appropriate

I'm having problems a few 7941 phones that is not loading firmware. When I turn on the device, I realize that it tries to load the latest firmware for some reason fails and the message appears briefly above. Since it is not possible to check the current firmware version, I tried to put several versions, I tried factory reset and still the problem persists. Any ideas?

If you are trying to load very latest firmwares on to your phones, they might not be able to just load it as they need to first get an intermediate version & then upgrade to latest.

Please read the release notes of desired firmware version to know if it needs an intermediate upgrade first before reaching to that firmware version.

If you want me to help you further, please post version details of CUCM & firmware in the phone. Also which is the firmware version you are trying to load on 7941 ?

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi Gajanan,

I am sorry by delay. The big problem is: what is the firmware version about 7941? Not is possible to see the firmware that the IP Phone is trying load. I am using the CallManager  7.1.3 for tests.

Thanks,

Wilson

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Wilson,

If you check (via cucmadmin) the Device Defaults page you will be able

to see what version of Firmware the phone is trying to load. It's likely

9-0-3s

For example....we know that to move to a Firmware like 9-0-3S you must

be at a minimum of 8-3-3. If you were at 8.3.2 when you went to move to 9-0-3s

you would see "Auth Fail" on the phone display and the Firmware would not upgrade.

Firmware Upgrade Issues for SCCP

Note For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to version 8.5(3) or greater, you must first upgrade your firmware to version 8.5(2). Once you have upgraded to version 8.5(2), you can upgrade your IP Phone to version 8.5(3) or later.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_3/english/release/notes/7900_853.html#wp57602

If that is the case, then you may need to load Firmware 8-5-2 as the first step.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

The Customer request for me IP Phone because the User was without and was needed to do RMA. But, is common this problem occurred and in the next IP Phone that I receive with the same problem I will procedure as your recomendation.

Thank You Very Much,

Wilson

Hi Rob,

Is there any reason why the Telephony is working normally and presenter this problem?

Thanks,

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

No this "Auth Fail" message just indicates that the phone has

reverted to it's older "existing" firmware and is unable to upgrade

to the newer firmware version

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: