cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message button on 9971 cant call Unity

ronald.nutter
Level 1
Level 1

Recently took over a CM 9.1 system.  Have had a little training on cm/unity so I am learning as I go.

When I press the Messages button, it tries to call 2999 and I get a message that the call cannot be completed as dialed.  I am gone into call manager and see the port used by Unity as 8001.  I can reach that number and get into voicemail. 

Not sure how to fix/recreate getting 2999 to forward to 8001 or how to change the Messages button to call 8001 directly.  I have gone through the books I have and not seeing what will help me fix this.

Ron

4 Replies 4

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Check the Partition and css of phone & voice mail port.

Regards,

Gnan.

Looked at unity - it is set for the same css and partition as the phone in question. When I tried calling phone A from phone b and not answering phone b, it would rollover to voicemail from that method either.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Change the VM pilot from the VM profile to dial what you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How Jaime suggested, verify in CUCM configuration that voicemail pilot DN in voicemail profile is 8001
HTH
Regards

Carlo
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: