I have one user that just recently started receiving the message "your messages are not available now" when checking voicemail. The user does get voicemail messages delivered via Exchange/Outlook, but there is no MWI set on the phone when a new message arrives, and any messages can't be accessed via the phone.
This is the only user with this problem, and there doesn't appear to have been any changes made.
I did find one post that said it looked like a permissions problem, but I followed the instructions on that post and all looked good.
Any experience with this out there? Using CM 4.1 and Unity 4. Thanks in advance.
I have just recieved the exact same complaint today (for 3-users on same platform) and will be looking in to it.
If anyone has come across this fault and resolved it, it would be great to hear from you.
I guess I'm glad to hear someone else with the issue, as it might get resolved faster. However, I wish it never cropped up in the first place.
This is the only user I am having the problem with, and all other functions are working. She can access the mailbox, etc., but can't listen to messages and Unity does not activate the MWI anymore. It did previously.
Well, I thought I had this problem fixed. I had a second user with the same issue. The thing that changed with both users was that their email box was moved to a different store on the exchange server. I thought for sure that deleting the voicemail box and re-creating would fix it. It did not, any other thoughts out there?
I would check your Unity server Event Logs. Sounds like you have a disconnected Unity to Exchange problem. Unity is trying to connect to the Exchange server to:
- find the subscriber's Inbox
- Sort the messages by IP Note (message type)
- play back (1 new voice message, 2 old messages, etc)
Check your Permissions and event logs. Also check your DNS that is operating ok. DNS problems and name resolutions would also trigger this.
thanks for the info... I do have errors in the logs and checked the Message Store Service. However, I inherited this system and am not terribly familiar with the integration of Unity and Exchange. Can you point me in the right direction to get started?
One thing you might want to check is if the account which is used for Message Store Service has "Receive As" right for these subscribers. When trying to access VoiceMails from the Phone, Unity uses this system account to login to the User's Mailbox and read the messages and when accessing it using email (Unified Messaging), the mailbox login used is the subscriber's own AD/Exchange account. Therefore only MWI and TUI access is affected.
Hope this helps
I started to have this problem as well and it is now up to three users and counting. I did find a numbered solution K32566499 in the Cisco TAC Knowledge database. However, the solution referred to, document ID 41028, Cisco Unity Remains in UMR Mode After Exchange Back Online doesn't seem to address that specific problem. The solution refers to domain controller problems, which in the past has made running the DC/GC reconnect tool. I'm running Unity 4.2(1), and Exchange 2003. Help!
Set whatever Unity System Account (UMR, it think) is accessing that mailbox as an Administrator on the Exchange server. Also, if you haven't already, try running the permissions wizard from tools depot.
I ran the permissions wizard yesterday and that fixed two of the three mailboxes that had the issue. I am not sure about the third, as I am about to get into troubleshooting now.
Thanks for the response.