Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MGCP Domain Name and DHCP

I have a subinterface on my routers that provides access to a cellular data connection. The cellular device pulls a static IP via DHCP and provides it to the FE subinterface.

Some time after configuring these subinterfaces, my gateways needed to re-register with my CUCM cluster. After registration failed, I realized that, despite having a hostname explicitely declared in my router configuration, the MGCP domain name had been overwritten by the DHCP subinterface hostname. This was frustrating, but I added the following lines to my subinterfaces and assumed all was well "ip address dhcp hostname <hostname>". My thinking was that, regardless of what DHCP tried to push, this statement would ensure that the MGCP domain name would remain unchanged.

I recently was forced to reboot my CUCM cluster, and sure enough, similar problems occured. At 4 out of 5 sites, the hostnames seemed to apend themselves to each other in my MGCP domain name. For example, CLV-MDF-RTR-01 became CLV-MDF-RTR-01-CLV-MDF-RTR-01.

The "fix" at the time was to shut down the subinterfaces, but at this time I'm weary of re-activating them. Gateway registration failure is obviously a headache. Is there a way to set the MGCP domain name and ensure that nothing can possibly change it?

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES

Re: MGCP Domain Name and DHCP

On your MGCP gateway, have you set up 'mgcp bind' to an interface, such as the loopback?

Re: MGCP Domain Name and DHCP

Yes.

mgcp bind control source-interface FastEthernet0/1
mgcp bind media source-interface FastEthernet0/1

Here is the configuration of that interface:

!
interface FastEthernet0/1
description Inside WAN VLAN
ip address X.X.X.X X.X.X.X
ip wccp 61 redirect in
ip nbar protocol-discovery
load-interval 30