cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mgcp drops calls

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a mgcp gateway which drops calls when answered. If the phones are in SRST mode, the phones work fine. In mgcp mode, the phones register with CM, and the GW registers with CM. I have attached a sho run, sho diag,and a debug of the error. Any help is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Remove 'ccm-manager config' and re-apply does this result in a successful config download?

A 'show ccm-manager config' should not report any errors. If you remove the isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager and then re-apply 'ccm-manger config' does the command get added within the serial interface?

Rather that restart or reload the gateway re-apply the MGCP application, 'no mgcp' and then 'mgcp'

Allan.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

The temporary failure has occurred due to a network failure which I don't not suspect is the telco, simply because you mentioned that in SRST everything works.

What I have noticed about the configure for serial interface is that 'isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager' is missing.

Ordinarily this is command is removed with MGCP fallback when SRST operating, and when the gateway failsback to MGCP it should be put back in. What you need to be cautious about is updating the config in SRST mode, as this could adversly affect the operation of the gateway operating in MGCP.

Could you enter the command on the interface and see whether this resolves your issue.

Regards

Allan.

Yes, I tried that command, but it didnt help. I'm wondering if I need to reset the gateway.

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Remove 'ccm-manager config' and re-apply does this result in a successful config download?

A 'show ccm-manager config' should not report any errors. If you remove the isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager and then re-apply 'ccm-manger config' does the command get added within the serial interface?

Rather that restart or reload the gateway re-apply the MGCP application, 'no mgcp' and then 'mgcp'

Allan.

dont know why yet, but all I needed to do was to reset my packeteer. Thanks again for all your help