cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP FXO Picking random FXO ports for outgoing calls.

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

i,

I have a IP Telephony setup running on MGCP . I have one FXO card (4 ports)  in which 2 ports are using and 2 PSTN lines are connected to my router.

The issue is that when outgoing calls make picking randomly fxo ports.

I want all the 2 users to use their own FXO port assigned to them.

I have configured my cucm and mgcp gateway in such a way that I want every user to use their own FXO port for making incoming and outgoing calls. But still the router is picking random FXO ports. How can I restrict user to user their own FXO port for making incoming and outgoing calls. Any other suggestion or tip will be very helpful to me.

Following are the 2 PSTN numbers which i have assigned to FXO ports:

voice-port 0/0/0 = 17538

voice-port 0/1/3 = 4640

Thanks in advance

Nithin

1 Reply 1

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hello

For inbound calls , you can go device - gateway -  port - configure under attendant DN " the resquired DN which you need to hit it".

For outgoing calls can you check the below:-

You can configure two different RGs , one for 0/0/0 & other for  0/1/3. Then do two different RLs

For example , i need extension 4001 need to call mobile calls  using port 0/0/0. So by using MGCP , it will be so eazy

1)Create PT_Mobile 

2)CSS_CallsToFXO

3)Make RG for port 0/0/0 , then RL 

4)under RP 9XXXXXXXXXX - specify route partition "PT_mobile"

5)Assign CSS for the ext 4001 and for gateway for port 0/0/0 . dial now from 4001 the call go out using port 0/0/0. same for 0/1/3.

Note: if you have other RP which use 9 as outgoing access code , you can change it to any digit.as 8 for outgoing access code

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: