Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

MGCP FXO port to DN disable (Unknown Number)

I have a gate phone with an analog POTS line.  It interfaces to our router via a MGCP FXO port with attendant DN pointing to a shared line.

When users call from the gate, the called party's phone shows (Unknown Number).

I would like to disable this from appearing and possibly alert with GATE or similar.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MGCP FXO port to DN disable (Unknown Number)

My understanding is caller-id from an MGCP FXO controlled port is only supported starting with CUCM 8 (please correct me if I am wrong). This is maybe why you see the caller-id number as unknown.

Can you try pointing the FXO port to a DN of a CTI route point with CFAll to you original destination and change name on the DN of the CTI route point to say something like "From Gate". This will only show the message while the phone is ringing.

Please rate hepfull answers! 

2 REPLIES

My understanding is caller-id from an MGCP FXO controlled port is only supported starting with CUCM 8 (please correct me if I am wrong). This is maybe why you see the caller-id number as unknown.

Can you try pointing the FXO port to a DN of a CTI route point with CFAll to you original destination and change name on the DN of the CTI route point to say something like "From Gate". This will only show the message while the phone is ringing.

Please rate hepfull answers! 

Community Member

Thanks Amine!  Just what I was looking for.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content