Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP FXO port unregistered in CCM

oldcreek12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all,

I am new to Cisco VoIP, I am trying to set up a SRST router in remote office. The router is a 2801, it has 4 FXO ports on it. I configured MGCP and pointed MGCP call-agent to HQ CCM. "sh ccm-manager" on router shows that it is registered with CCM, but on CCM, the FXO port status is "unregistered" although 2801's IP address is recognized correctly. When I configured the rest 3 FXO ports, both registration and IP appear in CCM as as unknown/unknow for all 3 analog end points.

What could be wrong? what debug should I turn on? thanks a lot ...

Jian

20 Replies 20

Yes y ou should see those auto-generated dial peers 999000, 999001, 999002, and 999003. If you are not, then there is definitely a problem. I have had issues where I had to manually configure those same dial peers and the ports magically registered. Try it and see.

ex:

dial-peer voice 999000 pots

service mgcpapp

port 0/0/0

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Thank you for this comment. This helped me when the registration said rejected. Now all is well.

Sometimes we see this when the TFTP service isn't acting correctly. It's worth a try to restart the TFTP service if you want to see the auto-config take effect.

It's possible that the auto config would change some of the mgcp parameters and change the registration status, but it's kind of along shot.

Hi, thanks all for your time, I restarted RIS, CallManger and TFTP on both publisher and subscriber. Now CUCM sees all FXO POTS end points.

just out of curiosity, did you configure ccm-manager config server???? because otherwise that means you should have configured the dial-peers by yourself, without the command the GW won't look at CCM to pull his config

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

kpsingh79
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the suggestion for manually adding in the dial-peer voice 999000 pots to the appropriate ports.  That worked immediately for me and now the FXO port is registered.