Helpful
Replies

MGCP gateway with CUCM change calling number

bo liu
Level 4
Level 4

hi everyone

i have a mgcp gateway with CUCM,

a CIPC use DN:8008 and three PSTN phone with 11115555 22226666 33337777 (this a example)

the three PSTN phone dial 12348008,and the CUCM have a translation pattern to cut the 1234 so the 8008 can ring

now the question is how to do i can only let the 22226666 display 6666 on 8008

another PSTN phone display the full calling number

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

with a calling transformation pattern you can gain your goal!

Cheers,

Stefan

View solution in original post

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure I understand the requirement completely. If I follow, you would like the ANI to display on the CIPC as 6666 when an ingress call from the PSTN calling party 22226666 is received.

Stefan is correct that if you just want to massage the display of this one number, you can use calling party transformations on the CIPC station itself. That will modify what is displayed on the phone during the alerting phase of the call. However, the directories (missed/received calls) will still display 22226666. Which may be OK. You haven't specified any requirement on that.

If you wanted to chop down all PSTN calling numbers to 4-digit then you can use the translation pattern you are already have configured to handle 12348008 -> 8008 translation. Just change the calling party mask to XXXX. Probably not what you want.

HTH.

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi bo liu,

Apply that "calling party transformation CSS" to device pool in which your MGCP gateway is configured.

After that please reset the MGCP gateway and try calling to check for the required display.

Note:- Normal Gateway CSS will not work. You have to use Calling Party Transformation CSS.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Actually, the OP wants the transform to occur on the display of the IP phone. So, I wouldn't apply the transformation CSS to the gateway.

I would:

1. Create a partition that is dedicated to holding transformation rules  (e.g. phone-anixform_pt)

2. Create a CSS that is dedicated to holding transformation PT  (e.g. phone-anixform_css) at the phone-anixform_pt to this CSS

3. Create a transformation pattern and assign it to phone-anixform_pt. Example: 2222.6666, discover pre-dot or 22226666 transform to 6666 (or XXXX is fine)

4. Apply the calling party transformation CSS (phone-anixform_css) to the CIPC at the Device config page. Be sure to uncheck the box which enables use of the Device level transformation CSS.

5. Apply config to phone.

HTH

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

9 Replies 9

Stefan Walter
Level 1
Level 1

with a calling transformation pattern you can gain your goal!

Cheers,

Stefan

I think ISP will not allow .It will show the Default DID number

can you little bit explain in detail.

What is PSTN phone means? where is it connected? is it the analog phone? connected on the router FXS ports.

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not sure I understand the requirement completely. If I follow, you would like the ANI to display on the CIPC as 6666 when an ingress call from the PSTN calling party 22226666 is received.

Stefan is correct that if you just want to massage the display of this one number, you can use calling party transformations on the CIPC station itself. That will modify what is displayed on the phone during the alerting phase of the call. However, the directories (missed/received calls) will still display 22226666. Which may be OK. You haven't specified any requirement on that.

If you wanted to chop down all PSTN calling numbers to 4-digit then you can use the translation pattern you are already have configured to handle 12348008 -> 8008 translation. Just change the calling party mask to XXXX. Probably not what you want.

HTH.

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

hi bell

thanks you and Stefan is right ,i want only 22226666 display 6666

i config a calling party transformations but when 22226666 dial the 8008 ,he always display 22226666......

i dont know how to config it ...

the partition HBH is in Gateway CSS,

someone can help meļ¼Ÿ

Hi bo liu,

Apply that "calling party transformation CSS" to device pool in which your MGCP gateway is configured.

After that please reset the MGCP gateway and try calling to check for the required display.

Note:- Normal Gateway CSS will not work. You have to use Calling Party Transformation CSS.

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia

Actually, the OP wants the transform to occur on the display of the IP phone. So, I wouldn't apply the transformation CSS to the gateway.

I would:

1. Create a partition that is dedicated to holding transformation rules  (e.g. phone-anixform_pt)

2. Create a CSS that is dedicated to holding transformation PT  (e.g. phone-anixform_css) at the phone-anixform_pt to this CSS

3. Create a transformation pattern and assign it to phone-anixform_pt. Example: 2222.6666, discover pre-dot or 22226666 transform to 6666 (or XXXX is fine)

4. Apply the calling party transformation CSS (phone-anixform_css) to the CIPC at the Device config page. Be sure to uncheck the box which enables use of the Device level transformation CSS.

5. Apply config to phone.

HTH

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

thanks for you help!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: