cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP issue with fallback

daschulz
Level 1
Level 1

I was testing an MGCP gateway, going from SRST mode, with switchback to MGCP where it re-registers to the primary CM.

Here is how I tested: I set up the command on the gateway for scheduled switchback, while doing the same on the gateway configuration in CUCM. I then proceed to test this.

The result: While in SRST mode, I set up a call from a phone that is in SRST out through the PRI interface on the SRST gateway. When switchback occurs…. The call is dropped immediately. However, the gateway follows the gateway setting: scheduled switchback.

It appears that the endpoint in MGCP always follows IMMEDIATE, while the gateway itself can be changed from Delayed/Immediate/Graceful/Scheduled. I would have thought that the endpoint would follow the gateway. However, this appears not to be the case. Is this how you understand this working? Or, am I missing a command or feature?

Thanks for any help you can offer

2 Replies 2

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Only the stream btw two endpoints is preserved even if they cannot signal with CallManager. All you need is to register the mgcp-gateway with CUCM. Make sure your config looks like the following:

-enable

-configure terminal

-ccm-manager redundant-host 10.10.X.X

-ccm-manager switchback {schedule-time hh:mm}

-ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

-call application alternate

-exit

-ccm-manager switchover-to-backup

Good luck,

MK

This is what my thinking was also. With this configuration, the registration of the gateway follows the schedule, but the stream is disconnected immediately.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: