Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP Registration with CUCM 8.6

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Don't know why but I seem to be having a lot of problems with getting CUCM 8.6 to successfully register with my 2851 GW router. It's my understanding that it should be relatively straightforward and easy. Here were my steps,

1) Add GW in CUCM, it's my understanding that the domain name is the hostname of the router then . and the domain name.

Domain Name*     PSTN_ROUTER.cciev.com

2) Here is my config in the 2851 GW Router,

hostname PSTN_ROUTER

ip domain name cciev.com

ccm-manager mgcp

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 192.168.2.202 (This is my Subscriber IP)

ccm-manager config

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 192.168.2.202 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

mgcp fax t38 ecm

no mgcp explicit hookstate.

Below is a screenshot of the debug mgcp error I get and a show of ccm-manager. It seems to stick at REGISTERING TO CM and the TFTP DOWNLOAD FAILED counter seems to keep climbing. I can't seem to get past this part.

MGCP.jpg

Everything I read seems to point to domain name and set up in CUCM but I have tried every combination available and even tried without setting a domain name on the router but still experience the same thing. I even upgraded IOS to 15.1(4)M4

If someone can point me in the right direction or pass along some step by steps I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time!

18 Replies 18

my dear

I hope this finds you well.

Kindly type the below commands and after that  ( no mgcp & mgcp). On Cisco router (please type the name of router)

mgcp

Mgcp bind control source-interface  F0/0

Mgcp bind media  source-interface  F0/0

Thanks

YAARUB F. MILAD
Level 1
Level 1

I am quiet sure that you have done this , but reset mgcp on your GW by typing the commands :

#no mgcp

#mgcp

hope that works ,,

my dear

I hope this finds you well.

Kindly type the below commands and after that  ( no mgcp & mgcp). On Cisco router (please type the name of router)

mgcp

Mgcp bind control source-interface  F0/0

Mgcp bind media  source-interface  F0/0

Thank

Hello,

My problem was that my hostname on my Router was too long. I shortened it to something like HQ_RTR and it established correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: