cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP T38 FAX config

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

does anybody have a working config for a ios gateway running MGCP with t38 FAX support.

Should i be programming anything on th ecall agent for t38 support to work ?

My client has a IOS gateway MGCP controlled and VG224 gateway controlled by MGCP for FAX. Issues with fax transmission. Callmanager 4.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

This command does not need to be configured inside a dial-peer. You need to put it directly in the config.

It is only needed on the ios gateway where the faxes enter trough to get to your fax server. In your case only the vg224.

Rgds,

Jeroen

PS : Please rate the post if it was helpfull.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Avner Izhar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Don't think it is supported, check this url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk777/technologies_tech_note09186a0080159cf3.shtml

you can do cisco fax relay or pass through.

HTH, Avner.

Hi Aizhar

I'm a little confused, i understand that the T38 when using MGCP is not supported on Callmanager V5.1.

if i want to use Cisco FAX relay what do i have to configure. The outside gateways are setup and configured for MGCP. Would i be better seting up the E1 gateways for H323 and the VG224 with H323 ? if i leave the gatewasy on MGCP and change the vg224 to H323 what fax protocol would be used?

Any help would be great.

Hi,

Indeed t38 fax is not supported in callmanager 4.x when using mgcp.

You need to set up an ios gateway as h323 gateway.

In the config, you need to add :

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi

Thanks for the info, does this command work for all dial peers. And i presume thsi is also required on the VG224 gateway ?

Hi,

This command does not need to be configured inside a dial-peer. You need to put it directly in the config.

It is only needed on the ios gateway where the faxes enter trough to get to your fax server. In your case only the vg224.

Rgds,

Jeroen

PS : Please rate the post if it was helpfull.

Here is a better solution, look at XMediusFAX for your fax server. It supports T.38 with CCM 4.1 using H.323 or CCM 4.2 also supports MGCP. This IP fax solution is great, CTDP certified, is easy to install, setup and works well. Check partner Central for more details or www.faxserver.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: