Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP with VRF-Lite

owen.parsons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with trying to get a 2811 router to register with CUCM when coupled with VRF-lite.

In short, as the router tries to register it is using the default routing table and failing. The VRF setup seems to be otherwise fine (i.e. no other routing issues). Also, if I remove the VRF config the router will register no problems.

I haven't been able to find any info on whether or not MGCP can be made "vrf aware", so... Is what I'm trying to do impossible? If not, what am I missing?

Config attached, thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Hi Owen,

MGCP is not currently VRF aware. This is something that is being developed, and you may see some support for this later on in the 12.4T train. Look towards 12.4(24)T or later release notes to find VRF support for gateway protocols. There may be support in 12.4(22)T. You can try using the 'voice vrf' command. I haven't seen anyone use this feature yet, so I can't say for sure if MGCP is supported.

For now, you will want to have full reachability from the default routing table.

hth,

nick

Thanks mate, I can easily do a slight redesign to drop the voice component in the default routing table.

I was looking over the release notes for 12.4(22)T and 12.4(24)T and did not see anything relating to VRF aware MGCP but I could have missed it. I did see some notes about H323 and SIP becoming VRF aware but did not see MGCP.

I do have the voice vrf command set but I'm guessing that its not going to help much if MGCP isn't VRF aware in the release.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Like stated earlier - MGCP is not supported with VRF.

-nick

I read your previous post and realize that it isn't currently supported.

Since your initial post was back in the January timeframe I figured you may have heard more on the development of the feature since it is now May.

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: