I just got a new 3845 and configured it with 4.1(3). Here are some of the things I had to watch out for:
- I had to change the card type to T1. This may not apply, but if you have a T1/E1 multiflex card you have to select the card type.
- The gateway name in CallManager has to match the gateway hostname exactly. If you have a domain set up then that has to be included in the gateway config. For example, if your hostname is vgw and the domain is set to acme.com, the config page has to be vgw.acme.com
- I had to enable 'ip routing' on the gateway. Can't remember if I did that before or after registration, but you need it either way.
- Finally, to make things simple for me, I enabled the config download so it configured the router and interfaces for me. You can always remove the config line if you want later, but you need it to be able to reset the gateway from CCM.
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.