Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Micronet SIP Phone 5102 one way call in CUCM 7.0.1

Dear All,

I am getting the following one way call scenerio in CUCM 7.0.1 and Micronet 5102 SIP Phone.

Scenerio and problem:

• SIP phone and SCCP client phone connected to CUCM 7.0.1 and communicate each other. No problem at all(Voice is two way) for local extension call.
  • SCCP phone call to PSTN  and PSTN to SCCP Phone and voice is two way; no problem at all

• SIP Phone is calling to PSTN getting following issues:

• When call received from PSTN in first ringtone at the very beginning then it is both way and call is successful
  • When call received from PSTN in late or 2nd or third ringtone then it is one way. Called party can hear but calling party can not hear.

[Note: sip phone model is Micronet 5102 sip phone]

Kindly help me to resolve this issue. If you need any information kindly let me know.sip phone problem.jpg

• IP Telephony
6 REPLIES

Hi.

Did you try to check "media termination point required" option and associate the correct media resource group list on phone configuration page?

Please also specify H323 Voice gateway IOS version

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

I checked with "media termination point required" option and result was same. One way voice only. On phone configuration page I did not assign any media resource list. Without this media resource list, SCCP client phone is working fine. Do I have to assign this for SIP phone to work properly?

IOS version of H323 voice gateway is 12.4.

Regards,

Mashiur.

Re: Micronet SIP Phone 5102 one way call in CUCM 7.0.1

What about Sip to sip calls ?

Do u have allow connections commands on the router configuration ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

SIP to SIP call is working fine and both way;

Allow connections command is not provided in router configuration. But, SCCP is working fine and SIP is working  only in special case like if the call is received in first ringtone at the very beginning. Other case it is one way only.

Hi Mashiur.
First I would upgrade your IOS to the latest available version which is 15.1.4M7 and check if the problem persists.
When you activate Media Termination Point Cucm needs to know which MTP it has to use and it learns this from media resource group list and relative Media Resource Group that's why you should specify it on SIP Phone config page.
In this case SCCP Phones do not require MTP.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I believe it can be something related to early and delayed offer

Did you try ti change these parameters ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.