Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Lync with CME 8.6

Thiago Gandara
Level 1
Level 1

Hi voice team,

I´d like to integrate my microsoft lync 2013 with my CME 8.6, using the same extension already configured on CME. How can i do that?

Thanks.

Thiago

2 Replies 2

Prashanthi Velpula
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thiago,

It cannot be done with same extension, however can be with below scenario:

Below is the CME SRND showing "Configuring Single Number Reach"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesnr.html#wp1015306

Let's say for example:

CME with IP phone has DN 1001

!

MS Lync client has the same extension 1001

Then, do-able with SNR on CME

i.e SNR # will be 551001, and either configure voice translation-rule on CME to strip 55 in the direction to Lync

OR

Create rule on Lync, and strip 55 before routing the call to Lync client with 1001

Hope the above helps.

Regards

Prashanthi Velpula

Hi Thiago,

Yes, you can integrate Lync 2013 with CME or CUCM using any planned extension on either end.

You need a site code to reach Lync user from CME following to their tel:XXXX, the translation rule in CME will strip off the site code before sending call via the configured SIP dial peer.

And in Lync, configure the Global dial plan "Normalization Rule" including the site code of CME users in front of CME users extension (Ex: Pattern to Match: ^(2\d{4})$   Translation Rule: $1) assume CME user extension is 1XXX, Lync user will dial 21XXX to reach CME users. The CME can strip the leading 2 from the incoming called number and connect a call to CME users.

Thanks

Selvarathnam