Views
Helpful
Replies

migrate 6.1.5 to 11.5 Bulk certificate management in 6.1.5 for itl update

zeuscyril
Level 4
Level 4

hi all,

i have migrated my 6.1.5 cucm 11.5 but still phones are not moved to the new cluster. in 11.5 i can see bulk certificate management option but in 6.1.5 i cant see that. so i how i can perform the bulk certificate management task to avoid itl problem.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ITL was introduced until CUCM 8.x, there was no ITL in your version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi Jaime,

So i no need to worry about the issue related to ITL and CTL while moving from old to new cluster. currently i have different IP address for old and new cluster.

my plan is to shutdown the old cluster and put the same IP's in the new cluster with different host names.

will that be okay or i will have any issue while moving to new cluster.

OK, you will NOT have ITL problems as there is not ITL in your version.

CTL is a whole different thing, if you use mixed mode, and your phones have a CTL file from that cluster, you would need to change them to non-secure, move them to the new cluster so they get the ITL file, and then push the new CTL file with the new servers from the cluster, once they have the CTL from that cluster, change them to secure mode.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you retain the same IP/Hostname of your CUCM server or did you change it?

if retained the same did you restart phones after the migration?

What do you see on the phone "status log"?

hi Chris,

Currently my old and new cluster in different IP's and different host names. my plan is shutdown the old cluster and assign the same ip to the new ones. still i  have not migrated the phones to new cluster. so i cant provide any logs.

So, what is the issue? Are some test phones not registering with new CUCM? Did you adjust the TFTP server the points to so it can reach the IP addresses/hostnames of the new server?

If the idea is to change the IP address and hostname back to what the old system was using during the cutover window then there should be no issues for the phones to register with new CUCM as there are not ITL certs on these phones.