Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate CUCM 8.0 to CUCm 10.0

gsilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are preparing the migration from CUCM 8.0 to CUCM 10.0 with PCD.

The migration will be with network migration and we not shutdown the old cluster. We not move the phones inmediately so we will test the new cluster two days.

I have a doubt. In the actual cucm operation, is configured the mobility services and is used for a lot users, so I need Know if is really necessary stop the mobility services before of the start the migrate task with PCD.

Thanks a lot

Guillermo

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The documentation doesn't say anything about this being required for the migration, and since we all we are doing is pulling the info from the server, I don't see a reason for this, this is only required for in-place upgrades.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi jaime,

I found this guide Migration to Cisco Inified Communications Release 10.5(1) Using Prime Collaboration Deployment and say Disable extension mobility for the cluster. So I need to be sure that not is necessary stop this service, because is ideal not stop, because is  a service for many phones in the customer.

,http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmapMigrate/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051_chapter_01.html .

Thanks

Guillermo

There was no mention of this on 10.0 docs, most likely they need to have the DB without any changes during the time they pull the info from the CUCM cluster into PCD and that's the reason, if they have included this in the steps on the new 10.5 documentation, there must be a reason from the BU to do so, just as it's necessary for the in-place upgrade.

I don't see a reason why stopping the service would be a big deal, unless they have people logging in and out at all times, the EM service is not used at any other time during EM process.

HTH

java

Jaime,

Thanks for your response.

I have a doubt.

the customer could continue working with the EM (user device profile) when I stop the EM services ?

Thanks a lot

Guillermo

Yes, EM is only used for login/logout, if they're already using EM, they won't notice anything.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: