We are trying to migrate data from 5.x to 7.x CUCM. both are Linux based.
Based n my search - The available migration tool DMA is from 4.x (windows) to 7.x but I have no links from 5.x (linux) to 7.x (linux).
please note we do not want to upgrade. we want to migrate from individual CUCM 5.x (linux) box to another new box 7.x (linux) box.
Migration of DLs is not required. Only the config and the users/phones/directory/configs/CSS details etc
Can you give me some guidelines?
Message was edited by: Durga Prasad M.S
Thanks I had figured out through trial and error.
even the BAT tool doesnt work directly as the new 7.x CUCM is not recognising the exported files - if imported directly. I am getting errors on import.
1) I exported the files from the old CUCM using BAT tool.
2) copied the required data into the BAT.xlt downloaded form the 7.x CUCM by populating required fields.
3) created the templates for the phones&users.
4) uploaded the files with the data into new CUCM.
5) recreated the directory information by modifying the phones data in the new CUCM.
6) recreated the other configs by hand.
7) in short no easy solution to just migrate from the older versioin to new unless I am missing something.
8) later my SE suggested downgrading the new CUCM to match older version, restoring the disaster recovery backup and them upgrading back to latest vesion. didnt try that though.
hope this helps someone.
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.