Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Migrating a remote office from one Call Manager to another Call Manager

Hello All,

I have a project to move a few offices off of one Call Manager cluster to another.  I know I will need to deal with clearing out the ITL Files on the phones which are model 7965, and I need to move the registration of the voice gateway for the office to the other call manager.

My questions are:

Is there a way to move just the phones from one office using a bulk ITL file change operation from one call manager to another without affecting all of the offices on that call manager cluster?

How difficult is it to move a voice gateway between two different call managers?

My current version on both call manager clusters is System version: 8.5.1.12900-7. 

Any insight or suggestions would be great.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Migrating a remote office from one Call Manager to another Call

Hi Vicky,

Yes, its possible to move the phones in patches from one callmanager cluster to another by deleting the itl files and pointing their TFTP to the new cluster. You can use the Phoneview utility ( 3rd party ) to delete the itl files in bulk.

Moving a voice gateway from one callmanager to another is fairly straightforward. You need to edit the 'mgcp call-agent' , 'ccm-manager redundant host' and 'ccm-manager config server' commands on the gateway mgcp to point to the new callmanager and make corresponding additions / deletions on new and old callmanager. For h323 and sip you need to edit the dial-peer settings to point to correct destination address and other cucm specific details.

If there are any other specific queries you can get back to us.

HTH

Manish

Views
Helpful
Replies