cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating away from Nortel BCM - Which Cisco products to consider

Mike Elliott
Level 1
Level 1

We are contemplating migrating away from a 2 site Nortel BCM VOIP system and moving to another vendor.  One that is on the short list is Cisco.  We currently have 2 sites, connected via VPN over DSL using Nortel Contivity switches.  We only have 4 voice trunks connected at most.  The remote site has a BCM 200 and all IP phones (Nortel i2002).  Our main site has a BCM 400 (3.6) , a mix of Nortel IP phones (i2002/i2004) and a few soft-phones (i2050).  Our main site has reception phones that do not use VOIP, they have extended feature buttons for easy transfer of calls. M7324 (with cap modules).

Our main site supports about 70 users, our remote site about 10.  There are some teleworkers that VPN in and have voice traffic.

That being said, which Cisco products would directly compete with our system and does anyone have any real-world experience in migrating from one system to another?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME on a 2921.

Does all what you said and lot more.

However you cannot do this yourself. You need to engage a reputable consultant or certified partner.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CME on a 2921.

Does all what you said and lot more.

However you cannot do this yourself. You need to engage a reputable consultant or certified partner.

thanks p.bevilacqua, that looks like the type of system I am looking for.  Do you know if Nortel IP Sets (i2002/i2004) would work on this system?

No, must use all Cisco endpoints.

Even if something works in comapotibily mode, the features are very limited and really doesn-t match the native system.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: