Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Migrating IP Phones between CCM & CUCM clusters

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade 4.2 CCM to 7.1(3) CUCM and will build out a seperate 7.1 cluster and dedicated TFTP server(s).  There will be an Inter-cluster Trunk between the clusters.  We plan to push out the new firmware to all the phones before cutting them over to the new cluster. There are 15K IP phones spread-out among 50 sites. With DMA and BAT, I can take snapshot of the current configuration and put on the new cluster.

Instead of doing a flash cut of all 15K phones, I want to do a incremental or site-by-site or building-by-building basis.  There are device pools and Callmanager groups setup for each site and/or building. I can change Option 150 to the new TFTP server based on IP address scopes. What is the best way to reset these IP phones and doing it systematically???

Thanks,

Nelson

• IP Telephony
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Migrating IP Phones between CCM & CUCM clusters

Nelson,

Check out centrelize TFTP feature which is well described in SRND, this will allow you to perform your migrations without the need of changing dhcp scopes.

Chris Deren

Here is a link that provides options, pros, cons, etc. http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/options-for-distributing-cisco-phone-firmware.html

Of all the options, and given your dispersement, I would go with Peer Firmware Sharing.  Very fast, very successful.  To reset in batches, just use BAT files...best method no matter what you choose.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Nelson,

Check out centrelize TFTP feature which is well described in SRND, this will allow you to perform your migrations without the need of changing dhcp scopes.

Chris Deren

Here is a link that provides options, pros, cons, etc. http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/options-for-distributing-cisco-phone-firmware.html

Of all the options, and given your dispersement, I would go with Peer Firmware Sharing.  Very fast, very successful.  To reset in batches, just use BAT files...best method no matter what you choose.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.