Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating Users from MCS to UCS

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have a branch (i.e. Jeddah Branch) which is running CUCM on MCS server. In our Head Office we already have CUCM ver 9.1 running on UCS server.

We need to cut the MCS server running in Jeddah Branch and to register all the users in Head Office.

We will place an SRST router in Jeddah Branch so that if the WAN link between Jeddah Branch and Head Office goes down the IP Phones should register to the SRST router.

Jeddah Branch has around 200 users and the SRST gateway is C2951-CME-SRST/K9. We have enough Licenses for the SRST users.

Please guide me how we can accomplish this task.

• I mean how we can move the users from MCS server (in Jeddah Branch) and register them to CUCM ver 9.1 running on UCS (in Head Office)
  • What will be the configuration for SRST router

I will be very thankful if you can guide me.

Await your response.

Regards,

Malik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just move the phones with BAT or manually, and then reconfigure the DHCP scope to point to the central CUCM, there's really nothing more to it.

If they're LDAP integrated, you'll probably want to point to the same OU, that's something you would need to discuss with the AD team if they're in a separate domain, etc.

As for SRST, there's plenty of documentation on SRST configuration if you search CCO for "SRST configuration" or you can just search CSC for the same.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just move the phones with BAT or manually, and then reconfigure the DHCP scope to point to the central CUCM, there's really nothing more to it.

If they're LDAP integrated, you'll probably want to point to the same OU, that's something you would need to discuss with the AD team if they're in a separate domain, etc.

As for SRST, there's plenty of documentation on SRST configuration if you search CCO for "SRST configuration" or you can just search CSC for the same.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your response.

Just i want to ask that:

Do we need to create separate Route Pattern, CSS and Partition, Device Pool for the Jeddah Branch.

Regards,

Malik.

All that is up to you, your dial plan, and needs.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: