cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of CCM5 to CCM6

fahadqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

I already using CCM5 in my compnay now we recently purchsed CCM6 with diffrent Hardware. Now i want to migrate all the configuration of my CCM5 to CCM6. I backup my ccm5 with the help of SFTP tool and tried to restore in my CCM6 but always its giving me error like (Features not found) so please tell me how i procced it further ?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fahad,

The problem here is that you cannot do a "Backup" on one version (CUCM 5.x) and restore this onto a new version (CUCM 6.x) Your best bet here would be to do an "in-place" upgrade to 6.x on your current 5.x box to 6.x and the do the Backup/Restore process onto the new box :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

What exact version of CCM5 do you have and which version of CCM6 are you upgrading to? There is a specific version of CCM6 you need to have in order to be able to upgrade from CCM5X to CCM6X.

If the CCM5 version allows, I strongly recommand you to go directly to CCM7.X.

See the compatibility matrix:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp40074

MK

Thanks

for your response i am already using 5.1 and i want to migrate that to 6.1 .. 5.1 is running on different Hardware and 6.1 is on different. please help me out in this

options:

a) take backup, install 5.1 on new server, restore, upgrade to 6.1

b) upgrade old server to 6.1, take backup, install 6.1 on new server, restore

c) manually move all info

in any case you also need to reach licensing so they rehost the license

those are the only options you have.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: