cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Call Notification with Cisco Unity Connection

Greg Mora
Level 1
Level 1

We recently migrated off of Avaya's voicemail solution and have Unity 11.5 currently running in our environment. I have configured the HTML Missed Call under Notification Devices which works great. However, now I am having trouble finding a way to set this up for all users in our cluster. We don't want to do this to all users individually as we have 5,000+ employees. Is there anyway to bulk these changes and/or setup a template for new users? 

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Could you try using the Bulk edit feature

1. Select the users and click on 'Bulk Edit' button on Search Users page.
  2. Go to Edit -> Notification Devices page.
  3. Select ?HTML Scheduled Summary >> device, set template as 'Default_Missed_Call'.
  4. Click on submit button.

However if you find this below similar error and your CUC version is affected [11.5(0.9)], upgrade to the fixed version.

Bulk Edit HTML notifications shows failure status - CSCux20047

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thank you for your quick reply.
I tried this just now but got the following error: An 'Enabled' SMTP Notification Device must contain a 'To' address.
This would be fixed if I were to be able to use variables/tokens such as under Templates>User Templates>Edit>Message Actions. Here I can enter %alias%@domain.com

Do you have the "Use Corporate Email Address" checkbox ?

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Are you referring to the main users web page where the checkbox states: "Generate SMTP Proxy Address From Corporate Email Address"?
If so, yes this is checked.

Or are you referring to the Unified Messaging Account? That is also checked to use corporate email address.

Hi there

Are you using single inbox or SMTP relay ?

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

We were using SMTP relay then moved to O365 and are now using SIB (unified messaging). If I remove the SMTP relay info, will it default to SIB?

Hi there

If you are Single inbox with O365, you dont need to use SMTP relay. For Single inbox you might have already configured the Unified Messaging Accounts to the users. You can check under Users >> Edit > Unified Messaging Account.

So if you are not using the SMTP domain of CUXN, can you change it to something else and try the bulk method.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: