Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Missed calls showing up incorreclty on 7961

Greetings,

I am running CCMv4

This problem only happens on the 7961 models, and only when someone dials in to our main number to unity 555-5555, hits the main ccm call handler, and then transfers to an extension. If someone dials the DID number, there is no problem.

Missed calls show up as "From Voicemail" with our voicemail range 8000 - 8020.

When someone actually dials in this way, you can see the number that is calling, but if your not there, and check missed calls, it shows up as "from voicemail"

I have upgraded to the most recent firmware. Is this a bug with the new phones?

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Missed calls showing up incorreclty on 7961

Hi Marcus,

In Unity, for Transfers do you have the "Release to Switch" setting? If you are using the "Supervised Transfer" setting, perhaps that is causing the problem.

Hope this helps! Let us know.

Rob

It is defaulted to "release to switch" and not to "Sepervised Transfer" setting.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Marcus,

I did find this bug for 3rd generation phones (7961G ) but it should have been fixed if you went ti the latest firmware;

CSCeg40271 Bug Details

Symptom: When a call is transferred to a 7970 IP phone, the original calling party number shows up on the screen when the phone is ringing. If we look at the missed calls or the received calls, it may show the last redirecting number.

Condition: The above symptom can be observed for transferred calls.

Workaround: None

First Fixed-in Version 7.0(2.4), 7.2(0.42), 8.0(0.50), 8.0(0.70), 7.0(2.9), 4.1(3)SR03, 3.3(5)ES37, 4.0(02a)ES74, 4.1(3)ES46

This sure sounds like it!

Rob

You'r right rob. I thought I was being smart by changing the def. load to term611.default.loads and loading that, but it didnt associate the rest of the load because of the name change. I changed the name back to term61.default.loads and set that to default, and it is working now. Error on my part. Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies