cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLA question please, cannot subscribe extension mobility to device profiles.

mansssorange
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to know how to let a user configure a device profile and subscribe it to the Extension Mobility service. The user now can configure an IP phone and subscribe it to Extentsion Mobility and can add a device profile but the subscription is not working at all.

I have tried to add several roles with different accesses but with no luck at all, appreciate any assistance please.

Thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I mixed up terms.  The role to copy is "Standard CCM Phone Management".  When copying, the page/attribute/access area (the items listed in the role) is where you will find "Phone Services Subscriber" and the other two attributes.

Sorry for the confusion.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Roles you need to add:

1. Phone Services Subscribe.  This is needed if  you want to add the EM phone service to Devices and Device Profiles

2.  User Web Page.  This is needed if you want to edit users so you can  assign Device Profiles, phone extensions, etc.

3. Service URL  Page.  (optional)  This is handy if you want to create a Service URL  button on the station (i.e. pointing to the EM service)

To get these  roles, you can go to User Manager..Roles.  Copy the  Standard CCM Phone Management role to a new role with a nifty name.  Add  the above roles (Read + Update) and save.  Then you can go to User  Manager..Groups.  Copy the "Standard CCM Phone Administration"  group to a new group with a nifty name.  Edit the role assignment.   Remove the "Standard CCM Phone Management" role and add your new "nifty  role".  Save.  Assign to target user. Test.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Hi William,

Many thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I cannot find the Phone Services Subscribe role and the  Service URL Page role.

Maybe their name is changed on this version of CUCM 7 ??

Thanks a lot.

Sorry, I mixed up terms.  The role to copy is "Standard CCM Phone Management".  When copying, the page/attribute/access area (the items listed in the role) is where you will find "Phone Services Subscriber" and the other two attributes.

Sorry for the confusion.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

It worked great at last, thank you so much for your help.

May I ask you where did you get this infromation from? I checked the administration guide of the CUCM but did not find what I needed.

Thanks for your grerat help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: