Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Voice Access MGCP/H323

Looking to enable Mobile Voice Access/Two-stage dialing on our existing voice gateways. Both are currently MGCP and I'm looking for a migration strategy. Is it possible to have the h323 and MGCP running simultaneously?

9 Replies 9

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can have MGCP and H323 running at the same time on IOS routers

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Although - for a single PRI you will not be able to send MGCP and H.323 calls out simultaneously. When the PRI is MGCP controlled, only MGCP calls can go out of it. This is different from something like a SIP/H323 scenario where both can send calls out simultaneously.

-nick

Nick,

Thanks for the follow-up. I'm thinking I only need H.323 to redirect the incoming call to the VXML script. Outbound should be okay through MGCP, no?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Yes - if you're using MGCP for PRI and H323 for VXML that's perfectly fine. It's only an issue if both protocols are trying to use the same resource, because MGCP comes in an envelopes the PRI and other processes will not work correctly with it.

-nick

Nick,

So can I use a H323 Dial-peers to direct one of my DIDs to the VXML app if it's coming inbound on the MGCP-controlled PRI?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Correct - as long as the dial peer isn't a pots dial peer pointing to the PRI it will run independently of your MGCP.

-nick

Hi Nic,

just to jump om this one, can you have Mobile access i.e SNR you cna use a MGCP GW if the CUCM is 6.X and above? . When it was on a seperate I understand it was only H323 but now it is part of CUCM I was told MGCO can also work but for the two stage option (DISA) it is still H323 due to the need to have a VXML Script- is this correct

thanks

I believe mobile access supports MGCP, yes.

-nick

Thanks for the great posts Nick. I'm tinkering with CUCM 7.X and Mobile Voice Access and was bummed out b/c we run our PRIs on MGCP. I can now play with H.323 and try to get Mobile Voice working.

Amir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: