Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MobileConnect Caller-ID on PSTN Remote Destination

Customer would like to have PSTN caller-id displayed on their Remote Destination Devices such as cell phones.

To elaborate we have CM6.1.2 and H323 PRI with Mobile Connect Enabled at Company ABC.

If a PSTN call from company XYZ comes into company ABC for joe user that call is also sent to a Remote Destination such as joe user's cell phone. Joe would like to see company XYZ's caller-id (Phone number)and name if possible.

How can I do this with CM?

From Telco:

IF true:

Western Land's phone equipment needs to be able to place ABC's CO # in the "redirected number" field of the D-CH message rather than placing that info in the outbound caller id field of the D-CH message. ABC Co is not Western Land, so Western Land shouldn't be modifying their caller id to some other companies telephone number. That is what the redirected # field is for.

So....ABC calls Western Land....Western Land originates a new call that sends a Western Land caller id message along with a redirected number to the far end or termination point. The far end has to be able to handle receiving a caller id & redirected phone # message. The far end determines how they will handle the data being received. Some will just display the redirected #, some display only the caller id and some will show both as happens on my ISDN phone set....the caller id and redirected # toggle back & forth.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: MobileConnect Caller-ID on PSTN Remote Destination

Create remote destination profiles and access lists. After they are created, you can enter individual remote destinations, assigning each to a profile. Each remote destination presents a cellular or other phone that can be configured to accept transfers from the user's desktop phone.

Remote Destination Profile Configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b06rdprf.html

Mobile Connect and Mobile Voice Access:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmobmgr.html

Re: MobileConnect Caller-ID on PSTN Remote Destination

mmm..

Thanks for the response but not what I was looking for. Reread my initial post. The customers Remote Destination wants the caller-id of the PSTN caller.

Looks like I am going to have to work with the Telco provider to open up caller-id fields so the customer has full control. An LOA (Letter of Authorization is required for this) as I understand it.

Views
Helpful
Replies