cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility without IP Phone

mikecracco
Level 1
Level 1

I have several outside sales types that have an interal directory number that simply forwards to a cell phone. That being the case their voicemail lands on their cell phones and they miss the benefits of Unity.

If they had desk phones I could setup Mobility, work the timing, and get Unity to pickup a RNA before the cell VM answers. But users do not have physical phones in the office.

Is it possible to setup Mobility without a desk phone?

4 Replies 4

philip.e.denton
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried using CTI Route Points instead of phones?

I'm mot real up on route points but I don't see how that will help my cause...

A CTI Route Point is a virtual device that can do just about anything a standard IP phone can, except physically exist (and ring on someone's desk).  If I recall correctly the device-level and line-level properties of both phones and CTI Route Points are the same so you should have no problem substituting CTI Route Points for your sales staff's phones and using them to provide Unified Mobility to your users.

Give it a shot by configuring a CTI Route Point just like you would a phone within your organization and go from there with all the other RD/RDP/User/Phone associations related to Mobility.  Let me know if you get stuck!

I hear you. I'll spend some time with this tomorrow. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: