cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying translation patterns with Bulk

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Hi everyone, is there a way to use bulk with translation patterns to create, modify o delete them in CUCM 7.1.5 ? Thanks in advance

---

Posted by WebUser José Manuel Garrido Malagón

6 Replies 6

You can export and import translation patterns.

First Export your current tr-rules

Use Bulk administration > Import/Export > Export, check the Call Routing Data/Translation Pattern check box and run the job.

You will get a tar file that you download, open the tar file with 7-zip or similar.

In the file you will find a header.txt file and translationpattern.csv, extract the translationpattern.csv and edit the tr-rules you want to modify, add new tr rules and remove the rules you don't want to change.

Add the translationpattern.csv to your tar file, upload it to the publisher and use Bulk administration > Import/Export > Import to add/update your rules.

Don't think there is any way to bulk delete translation patterns

Not to revive a dead thread but I have a quick question.

If I go ahead and export the translation patterns and lets say another admin adds 5 more translation patterns in that time between me exporting, editing and importing it back to CUCM; will it merge those changes or will it overwrite all the translation patterns and erase those new patterns that were added?

It will not delete the new patterns...If there are duplicates then the patterns in your file will overwrite the existing ones.

You dont need to duplicate your work. YOu should use the files only to add new patterns..The export gives u template to use, you dont have to touch existing ones

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Awesome! Thanks man! Just what I needed.

Great response.

Works fine for me Also!

thank you very much.

regards

Alessandro

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

Great response, thanks!!

---

Posted by WebUser José Manuel Garrido Malagón