Helpful
Replies

MOH and Conference

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I got a question regarding this top:

If there is no Media Resource Group List (MRGL) has been assigned to Device Pool, IP Phone (Device) and User Device Profie (UDP), what will happen if a call has been put on "Wait" (MOH) or a conference has been setup?

Someone told me that the default MOH and Conference - configured on CUCM - will be used for these features. Is this correct?

I hope someone will give me more information about this issue. I find it a bit confusing. I already read the documents in SRND section about this issue but couldn't find my answer.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ysana

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

davidjani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ysana,

I believe this is indeed correct. What are you hoping to acheive?

- Service Parameters contains a default network & user MoH ID if this is what you like to change.

- Else if you want to completely disable MoH you cannot just avoid assigning MoH servers to MRG, you would need to create a seperate (unassociated) MRG so that ALL MoH servers are assigned to some form of MRG. If there is even a single MoH server not associated to ANY MRG it will be accessible by all!

I would guess this is possibly similar for CFB.

This is rather hard to explain but hopefully the description above can be understood.

Hope this helps.

Jani.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

davidjani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ysana,

I believe this is indeed correct. What are you hoping to acheive?

- Service Parameters contains a default network & user MoH ID if this is what you like to change.

- Else if you want to completely disable MoH you cannot just avoid assigning MoH servers to MRG, you would need to create a seperate (unassociated) MRG so that ALL MoH servers are assigned to some form of MRG. If there is even a single MoH server not associated to ANY MRG it will be accessible by all!

I would guess this is possibly similar for CFB.

This is rather hard to explain but hopefully the description above can be understood.

Hope this helps.

Jani.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ysana,

I agree with this assessment from Jani as well :) I just tested this theory in the lab and both MOH and Conference continued to work without any MRGL reference. Who would of thought?

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: