cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

moh fixed source

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

if i connect a fixed moh source (muzak) to one server in the cluster, will only those phones using that moh server hear it or is the stream also playing from the other moh servers?

can someone clarify this for me?

thanks

Rob

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

We don't use a fixed audio source for MOH but I did come across this info recently;

Cisco CallManager does not support distribution of fixed-device (hardware) audio sources across music on hold servers within a media resource group.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3a9f.html#wp1027270

Hope this helps!

Rob

rob

thanks for the info. so if the moh server with the fixed audio source stopped and phones used the 2nd moh server in their media list, they would no longer hear the fixed source unless it was running in the 2nd server also

rob

Hi Rob,

That is my understanding of this. I was reasearching this exact setup with the thought of using Muzak (yikes!) as well.

Take care,

Rob

Ideally, would this scenario work?

-CCM1 has USB fixed audio adapter

-CCM2 has USB fixed audio adapter

-CD/MP3 player with a Y-splitter on the output and each lead would go to each USB adapter so that the audio is going to each server.

Devices use CCM1 under normal circumstances, but CCM1 goes down. Phones register with CCM2 and start using CCM2 for MOH.

But, according to the docs, you can only have 1 fixed audio source per cluster, so this wouldn't work. Right?

Thanks,

Kevin

e.huntley
Level 1
Level 1

You can only have one fixed audio source because it is hard coded as stream #51. As long as everything is working, you can make it available to any phones you wish as long as you put it in the right MRGL.

So you are bound by that server it is connected to being up. Ideally for a fixed audio source a standalone server works best.