Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH for IP-to-IP Gateway

huntl
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

One of my customer is using a Centralized CUCM, with each of the remote gateway acting as a SIP CUBE gateway back to the Service Provider.  Each SIP CUBE Voice Gateway also has SRST license (not CME).  And my customer is curious on the following:-

Q1. With the SIP CUBE VG and SRST, can each remote Voice Gateway store 1 x MoH and stream out locally to the site phones?

Q2. Since my customer WAN does not support Multicast traffic, would this create a problem on streaming out local MoH?

Does the

Cheers,

Hunt

3 Replies 3

Hi Hunt.

For the first question you can define a MOH locally on VG (under call-manager-fallback config mode use command "moh flash:somemoh.wav)   to use when Phones go in fallback mode only. During normal operations phones will receive MOH directly from CUCM.

For multicast MOH support question, If you don't define multicast on MOH server on the CUCM, your network doesn't need to be musticast enabled.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo,

Thanks so much for your clarification.

But for normal operations, is there any way i can get the phones to receive MOH from the MOH flash from the VG, rather than just during fallback mode?

Cheers,

Hunt

Hi Hunt.

Being registered on CUCM, IP Phones are completely depending on it included MOH. So my answer is no you can't have a MOH on your VG while phone ar on CUCM.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: