cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH from local CUBE router

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I am considering using a SIP provider for PSTN access. I have a MoH question for our HQ and our branch sites. I would like to know if anyone has these scenarios working.

1. HQ - CUCM <-> H323 <-> CUBE <-> SIP <-> ISP

Cube sourcing Multicast MoH from E&M connected external MoH player

Will MoH play through the SIP trunk to a PSTN phone when an internal IP phone places the call on hold?

2. Branch - Same as HQ except MoH comes from internal flash

Will MoH play to PSTN phone over SIP trunk?

NOTE: CUCM to CUBE protocol can be changed to SIP if necessary. Both scenarios are working now with PRI connections on gateways.

Thank you,

Mark

2 Replies 2

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I fond a document that talks about Multicast MoH for CUBE which I new existed but am not sure if it is supported when sourced by the Cube router itself. Even though not clearly stated in this document, I would assume that CUBE can play the MMoH stream to the PSTN by converting it to unicast no matter if it came from a different source or the CUBE router itself. Has anyone done this?

Requires version 15.2(1)T and SIP to SIP CUBE from this document.

Thanks,
Mark

There is an ask the expert forum been moderated by one of Cisco's SIP expert: Randy. I suggest you post this question to him. This is the link for the thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2154873?tstart=0

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Please rate all useful posts