Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MOH - getting "static" not in the original audio file

About to pull my hair out

We recently updated our MOH files to new .wav files.  Prior to uploading I took a listen to them and they sound fine (they were originally .mp3 but used iTunes to convert to .wav).  However once they're uploaded to the Call Manager (6.1.4x) even from a cisco phone i get a strange "static" sound mixed in with my audio file.  It sounds similar to a dirty contact on an old headphone jack (clicks and pops).

I checked the call stats on my call and see this:

Rcvr Codec: G.711u

Sender Codec: G.722

I do not hear the "static" on a cell call, though there seems to be some problems with that too.  I get more of a "warble" effect where the volume swells up and down randomly.  i thought it might be some ducking from it picking up audio from my mic, so i put the cell mic on mute and the problem still persists...but one problem at a time, the static is my priority today.

Ideas?  I'm at a loss as to where to start since the audio file seems clean prior to upload.

JonM

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Have you tried re-uploading it again?

What if you upload the .mp3 rather than converting it to .wav?

I also suggest you apply Device Pool to the MOH server that forces the steam to G711 rather that possibly using G722.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the ideas Chris, unfortunately none of that has helped me

i have tried to re-upload it...5 times

this version of CUCM does not appear to support .mp3.  If i try to put in a .mp3 it will not let me, and clearly states that I need to use a .wav file.

My device pool is set to use G.711 both on the MOH server and the phones.  I'm guessing the "sender codec" is what the phone is sending, not what it is recieveing...still don't know why it says that since the DP is clearly set for G711.

JonM

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content