Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH not working in cucm only beep sound

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have an IP Telephony set up running on CUCM 9.1.Publisher and subscriber in a single site deployment model.

Customized MOH were configured and running fine before.Now users are complaining that MOH is not working(both internal and external calls) and only beep sound is hearing  when putting on hold .

I have checked the MOH server is registered and I have restart  the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App service for both pub and sub

But when i am selecting the Sample Audio source its working fine and I can hear the cisco sound on MOH.

I have added another audio source for testing and assigned to the phones but result is same.

Multi cast allowed on the Audio source and its enabled in the MOH server.

Attached the screen shot for MOH audio source and MOH server.

Please advice how to fix this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Beep sound indicates configuration issues, few things to check:

Make sure the DP assigned to the MOH server is set to use G711 between other regions, unless you enabled other codecs in service parameters

Make sure the MOH file is uploaded to all servers

Make sure the MOH server is assigned to MRG/MRGL of the devices needing to connect to it (phones, GWs, etc).

Can you try using unicast vs. multicast to see if that fixes it?

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have restarted both pub and sub ...but result is same.....

I have selected the customized MOH audio file but hearing the beep sound for internal and external calls.

highly appreciate if could give some inputs on the same.

Regards

Nithin

Beep sound indicates configuration issues, few things to check:

Make sure the DP assigned to the MOH server is set to use G711 between other regions, unless you enabled other codecs in service parameters

Make sure the MOH file is uploaded to all servers

Make sure the MOH server is assigned to MRG/MRGL of the devices needing to connect to it (phones, GWs, etc).

Can you try using unicast vs. multicast to see if that fixes it?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your support.

I will follow all the above steps which you mentioned and will give the update.

Regards

Nithin Louis.

nithin louis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Your point is correct.I have forgot to upload the wav files in the subscriber.Once uploaded in the SUb. MOH starts working fine.

Thanks ....

Nithin Louis.