cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH streaming problem

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have an AC hunt pilot. The media stream is fine accept we have multiple calls being made to this from the pstn. These calls get MOH in the middle of the message instead of starting the MOH from the begenning. I was under the impression that if we were not using multicast that it should start a the begenning of the media stream all the time. Please let me know if I'm understanding this wrong.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

This is working as expected :( When using Unicast MOH the first caller connected to MOH starts at the begining of the file. All subsequent/multiple calls receive MOH from midstream.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Is there any way to change this behavior. I'm trying to have our main line go to AC Queue and play a gretting such as welcome to company name please hold and then play music. Of course if there are multiple people in Q then MOH does not play the welcome. Any advice appreciated

Jason

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry, I have spent many hours looking into setting this up the way you are looking for and can't come up with a solution :(

Perhaps you could record more of a continuous loop that gives the Corporate welcome every 30 seconds with music interspersed. Can't think of a better way but maybe someone else has a much better idea.

Sorry Man!

Rob

Thanks for the hard work I could not come up with a solution either. I apprecaite the help.

To finish this thread I have found a solution to this problem. Because I can't make MOH start from the begining if someone else is already listening I have created a callhandler in Unity to start the message the customer hears. For instance 4000 rings which is the Unity callhandler and says please hold all operators are busy then transfers to a pilot point which is controlled by Attendant console. The MOH can then start at any point and the customer has heard the please hold mesage

I wouldn't call this a workaround, more so a compromise. It's better than leaving it though depending on the content of the MOH passage.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting back with this excellent "work around" ! This was really some nice thinking "outside the box" 5 points for your solution and for sharing it with others :)

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: