Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

Monitor presence in CME 4.1

Hello All,

I realize this may be simple, but am not used to CME.  I have 7 phones (7970) in 2 sites connected with a local CME on each site.  The phones are currently running SCCP.  I have 2 buttons used on each phone each with their own unique ephone-dn.  What I would like to do, is to setup the remaining 6 buttons on each phone to monitor the primary dn on each phone, both the local and the remote.  I have setup presence globally on the routers, and I believe I use the button command with the "Monitor" command for the ephones to setup this effect locally.  How would I do this for the phones at the remote site?  Is there a better way of achieving this goal?  Any suggestions are very welcome.  Thanks in advance.

• IP Telephony
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Monitor presence in CME 4.1

Hello,

You can work with Presence services over SIP trunks. Read about this here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html

Hope to help, if it does please rate.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Hello,

I think BLF monitoring is what I'm looking for, do all the phones need to be SIP?  If so, I can do that as they are 7970.

SCCP or SIP.

Also, will I need to enable a speed-dial list?  The system is running on CME 4.1.  I understand from the document that some BLF features are only available in CME 7.1

You need BLF Speed-dial features. The command blf-speed-dial enables BLF monitoring of a directory number associated with a speed-dial number. Cisco Unified CME 4.1 and later versions support BLF monitoring of directory numbers associated with speed-dial buttons, call logs, and directory listings. Presence supports BLF notification features for speed-dial buttons and directory call lists for missed calls, placed calls, and received calls.

I understand how to setup the presence on the router, and enable the ephones to be "watched" but one thing I am as of yet still unsure of, is how to get the presence indication on the other phones, the "watchers" as it were.

Just follow the steps in this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html#wp999282

For instance, if I enable ell the ephones at each location to be watched, how would I setup each ephone to "watch" all the others?  Including the phones at the remote locations?  Sorry if I'm being thickheaded here, am just confused.  I'm sure once I grasp it it will be something I'll be kicking myself over.  Thanks again.

Cisco Unified CME acts as a presence agent for internal lines (both SIP and SCCP) and as a presence server for external watchers connected through a SIP trunk. Follow the steps in this link to enable internal watchers to monitor external directory numbers on a remote Cisco Unified CME router: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html#wp1014741

Also, the phones right now are each in an ephone-hunt on the primary ephone-dn.  How will that affect anything, if at all?

Nothing.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

4 REPLIES

Hello,

You can work with Presence services over SIP trunks. Read about this here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html

Hope to help, if it does please rate.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Thank you for the link, I have read through that but still have some questions.

I think BLF monitoring is what I'm looking for, do all the phones need to be SIP?  If so, I can do that as they are 7970.

Also, will I need to enable a speed-dial list?  The system is running on CME 4.1.  I understand from the document that some BLF features are only available in CME 7.1

I understand how to setup the presence on the router, and enable the ephones to be "watched" but one thing I am as of yet still unsure of, is how to get the presence indication on the other phones, the "watchers" as it were.

For instance, if I enable ell the ephones at each location to be watched, how would I setup each ephone to "watch" all the others?  Including the phones at the remote locations?  Sorry if I'm being thickheaded here, am just confused.  I'm sure once I grasp it it will be something I'll be kicking myself over.  Thanks again.

Also, the phones right now are each in an ephone-hunt on the primary ephone-dn.  How will that affect anything, if at all?

Thanks again

Hello,

SCCP or SIP.

You need BLF Speed-dial features. The command blf-speed-dial enables BLF monitoring of a directory number associated with a speed-dial number. Cisco Unified CME 4.1 and later versions support BLF monitoring of directory numbers associated with speed-dial buttons, call logs, and directory listings. Presence supports BLF notification features for speed-dial buttons and directory call lists for missed calls, placed calls, and received calls.

Just follow the steps in this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html#wp999282

Cisco Unified CME acts as a presence agent for internal lines (both SIP and SCCP) and as a presence server for external watchers connected through a SIP trunk. Follow the steps in this link to enable internal watchers to monitor external directory numbers on a remote Cisco Unified CME router: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepres.html#wp1014741

Nothing.

Hope it helps, please rate if it does.

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Thank you very much for the clarification.  I greatly appreciate it.  It helped very much.  Everything appears to be functioning now.

Views
Helpful
Replies