Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor remote voice ports

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Scenario. Central call processing with Call Manager 6.0 and remote sites over a point to point. Calls from remote sites go out voice ports on their local routers for standard analog lines. Is there anyway to monitor and get notified if the analog lines are down? or the voice ports are not functioning properly? I know we can monitor the router itself in LMS but I don't think LMS will monitor the actual voice ports.

Thanks in advance! All replies rated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the router with the FXS or FXO card, you should be able to setup SNMP notifications for this. Or if they are MGCP registered, it will trigger an event if the port drops.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

On the router with the FXS or FXO card, you should be able to setup SNMP notifications for this. Or if they are MGCP registered, it will trigger an event if the port drops.

Thanks. Will we be able to get notified through SNMP if the analog lines themselves are out of service or just if something happens to the FXO or FXS ports?

the SNMP should just report on hardware. I believe if you have ground start start lines on the FXO of the router, those will signal drops, but regular loop start will not. (Ground start looses ground, drops the connection and you get a busy signal)