Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Monitoring calls

I have one user that requested a feature that he found on Cisco CUCM documentation.  He wants to have all calls coming from and to an external number be recorded.  The configuration guide shows that this is possible but it looks like I need additional hardware (recorder) and 79xxG type phones.  Is there other things that are required.  Is there an inexpensive solution or method that could support a single user request?

Currently we are using

System version: 6.1.3.3190-1

Thank you!

Aaron

Everyone's tags (5)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Monitoring calls

Hi Aaron,

We have two types of recording

1) SPAN based recording

2) IP Phone BIB based recording ( also called as Silent recording )

For Silent recording you basically need following

1) IP phone which has BIB ( Build in Bridge )

2) CUCM server

3) Sip Trunk to recording server

4) Recording server( Third Party server).

For Cisco solution, if you have CUE you can do live recording. Or if you have Unity Connection you can do live recording.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.
5 REPLIES
Blue

Monitoring calls

Hi Aaron,

We have two types of recording

1) SPAN based recording

2) IP Phone BIB based recording ( also called as Silent recording )

For Silent recording you basically need following

1) IP phone which has BIB ( Build in Bridge )

2) CUCM server

3) Sip Trunk to recording server

4) Recording server( Third Party server).

For Cisco solution, if you have CUE you can do live recording. Or if you have Unity Connection you can do live recording.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Monitoring calls

Hey Ron, Thanks! I will start reseaching the configuration of the live recording to use our Unity 8.0.

Monitoring calls

Hey Ron,

I am finding that there are differences between what the guide shows and what I have even though i have confirmed the versions.  I do not have the same options listed on my server.  I am have the majority of the settings configured and tested but there are a few issues that need to be adjusted before i can instruct staff on how do live recording. 

1. Disable beeps

2. Unlimited time for recording

I have Cisco Unity 8.0 Build 8.0(3.3).

And i am using the config guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag170.html#wp1071465

The following procedure is optional. It adjusts the interval between beeps while Cisco Unity Connection is recording a phone conversation.

To Adjust the Live Record Beep Interval (Optional)

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand System Settings, then select Advanced > Telephony.

Step 2 On the Telephony Configuration page, in the Live Record Beep Interval in Milliseconds field, enter the interval (in milliseconds) between beeps when a phone conversation is being recorded by using the live record feature.

If the setting is blank, the interval is 15,000 milliseconds. If the setting is 0, the beep is disabled.

Step 3 Select Save.

Thanks!!!!1

Aaron

Hall of Fame Super Red

Monitoring calls

Hi Aaron,

The settings for Unity are in the doc

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents/Unity/LiveRecord/Help/LiveRecordAppNote.htm

Cheers!

Rob

"Everything is broken" - Bob Dylan

Monitoring calls

Hey Rob.

I dont have that version and i do not see the advanced system tools to change the settting.  I have Cisco Unity 8.0 Build 8.0(3.3). 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content