Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring DSP resources, SNMP OID

borkes1985_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again, cisco gurus!

Have been looking for SNMP OID that allows to monitor the number of DSP-channels active on Cisco router for some days.

Has someone investigated this task? completely perplexed

thanks,

Boris Borodin

3 Replies 3

chris.mann
Level 1
Level 1

Check out this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_dsp_notifications.html#wp1054016

Also some additional information --

• dspu—Sends a notification whenever the operational state of the physical unit (PU) or the logical unit (LU) changes or activation failure is detected. This is from the CISCO-DSPU-MIB, and the notifications are:

enterprise 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.24.1.4.4

1newdspuPuStateChangeTrap

2 newdspuPuActivationFailureTrap

enterprise 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.24.1.5.3

1 newdspuLuStateChangeTrap

2 dspuLuActivationFailureTrap

• dsp—Sends a notification whenever the DSP card goes up or down. This is from the CISCO-DSP-MGMT-MIB, and the notification is:

enterprise 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.86.2

1 cdspMIBCardStateNotification

• Also you could check out these two MIBS, from website http://www.cisco.com/go/mibs

CISCO-DSP-MGMT-MIB

CISCO-DSP-MGMT-CAPABILITY-MIB

Hope that helps,

CM

Hi! I have similar question.
       I have 2811 that uses like onramp/oframp fax-server.
        I need to monitor number of faxes that DSP is operates in time. I want make some graphs (in cacti or MRTG) that show load dsp
        resources by faxe's for optimizing number of DSP card in router and monitoring  max fax load time.
        I search in MIB but couldn't find strict that i want.
        May be you have some solution for such kind of question.
    Tank you.

Medvec_Rc

I have the some problem? Can you resolved it?

I have 2811 that uses like fax onramp, and need the number of fax is received at time.

Who can helpme.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: