cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move 4.2.1 Unity License

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a new unity server I will be migrating to. If I move the port license from the old to new box, does the old box stop functioning? Or go to the demo '2 port' model? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mike-lee@hp.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To migrate unity from one server to another Cisco Licensing will need to create you a new license key that matches the MAC address of the new server.

The license key will be generated on your existing Cisco Unity license, ports, users etc.

HTH.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mike-lee@hp.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To migrate unity from one server to another Cisco Licensing will need to create you a new license key that matches the MAC address of the new server.

The license key will be generated on your existing Cisco Unity license, ports, users etc.

HTH.

Cheers

Thanks for the response. This helped alot. I just wanted to make sure I did not stop the old one from functioning when I moved the license over.

if you don't uninstall the license from the old server it will keep working, untill you uninstall and restart the server it won't go back to the default 2 ports

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: