Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving CUCM DLU licenses bewteen clusters

Hi,

Is it possible to move license files from 1 CUCM to another CUCM and from 1 CUUC to another CUUC?  There is a thought of moving a couple sites from 1 cluster to another CUCM 8.x to CUCM 8.x.  Cluster A was originally built with an original amount of DLUs and then a .lic file was added to allow the provisioning of about 200 phones - these 200 phones are the ones that will possibly be moved over to Cluster B.  Can the .lic file for the 200 phones be re-used on Cluster B to facilitate the move?

Thank you!

- Job 38:36                    

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi George

I think this will be impossible , because the licenses which you obtained for 200 Phones based on the MAC address of cluser A , so the same license file should be regenerated to obtain other .lic file by sending a request to licensing team to change the MAC address for the new cluser B.You can contact " licensing@cisco.com " for more information and on the mail type the sales order , end user details.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

3 REPLIES

Hi George,

I think it is possible by rehosting the PAK from old cluster to the new cluster.

I don't know if this is legal or not.

this is possible in version 9.X, since we have a license manager which host the licenses for all cluster.

HTH

Anas

please rate all the helpful posts

Hi George

I think this will be impossible , because the licenses which you obtained for 200 Phones based on the MAC address of cluser A , so the same license file should be regenerated to obtain other .lic file by sending a request to licensing team to change the MAC address for the new cluser B.You can contact " licensing@cisco.com " for more information and on the mail type the sales order , end user details.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Thank you again for the detail.  The summary is that yes, the PAK can get regenerated but there may be a cost and delay.

Thank you!!!!

1 John 2:10, 4:8

"I believe that the greatest work of God has not been in the miraculous, nor in the spectacular, incomprehensible Creation, but rather I believe it was accomplished on the Cross where He Himself purchased the redemption of His Bride... the salvation of m
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content