cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving system to new IP.

cwhite
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at moving a Unity Express box and a 3560 switch to a new ip. I was hoping to try this on one or two phones as a test before moving the entire thing, but am not sure if that is "doable". As the system is currently working fine, it seems like it would just be a matter of re-iping the devices and changing the gateway information. However, experience has shown me that things don't always go so smoothly.

Has anyone out there done this type of thing on a production system? If so, what were your steps and how much downtime did you have?

Any tips or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

I've done this a few times -

I'm a big fan of the 'config replace' command. It's the often overlooked cousin of 'configure terminal'.

You do a find-and-replace on your old IPs, put it on a TFTP/FTP server, and then do a config 'swap'.

There are some things it will not do like change the 'sccp ccm' ip addresses because it requires taking it out of a group and the likes, but it will mostly do the job.

Take care to notice the configuration in CUE also, like the sip subsystem gateway address, NTP address, etc.

hth,

nick

Thanks for the response, Nick. I will have to dig a little deeper to make sure I cover the two things you listed here. Hopefully it will go smoothly.

I'll update the thread with the results if we proceed with the switch over.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: