cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multi-domain 802.1x config problem

routerrookie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am setting up a 3750 switch to use 802.1x multi-domain for the first time. I have the switch port configured per the switch multi-domain documentation specifying an access and voice vlan. When I attach the IP phone it gets authorized by the RADIUS (FreeRadius), and does a DHCP bootp request. The DHCP server (Windows) sends it an IP address on the data vlan, and tells the phone to switch to the voice vlan. The phone reboots and comes up with the voice vlan, but at that point the switch appears to block traffic from the phone now that it's on the voice vlan.

If I reconfigure the same port to multi-host as the dot1x type, the phone works ok after the same DHCP action.

Any ideas why the switch is blocking the voice vlan in multi-domain mode?

thanks

Jim

1 Reply 1

routerrookie
Level 1
Level 1

After some additional reading I found this reference -

"To authorize a voice device, the AAA server must be configured to send a Cisco Attribute-Value (AV) pair attribute with a value of device-traffic-class=voice. Without this value, the switch treats the voice device as a data device."

Does anyone know what this means?

Jim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: