Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multi-Receptionist After Hours Auto-Attendant

Greetings!

I have just implemented CUCMBE 7.1 in conjunction with Exchange 2010. I'm quite experienced with Exchange, but not so much with CUCMBE ... yet. I've been using CME for a while and at least have an idea of what I want, just not sure how to implement it.

What I'm hoping to accomplish is to have a time-of-day setup so that my two receptionist desks can effectively load balance calls during business hours, but after hours have calls to that receptionist line divert to voicemail (which for those extensions is the auto-attendant).

Currently, they both have the following:

7962G 6-line phones. They each have their personal extension on line 1, and then they have Lines 2-5 setup in a redirect pattern down the line so that additional calls get stacked up across multiple line presentations rather than all ringing on the same line button. This uses a DN assigned to multiple CSS's that forward to the next line in the sequence when "busy". During business hours, if all 5 lines are busy or any one of them go unanswered for 15 seconds then the call forwards to a backup receptionist hunt group. This works great for them, so ideally I want to keep this during the day.

At the end of the day, someone has to set the main line to CallFwdAll to voice mail so that it will forward to Exchange's auto attendant. Ideally, this is the part I want to eliminate. So, essentially the question is this-- what's the best approach to setup time-of-day routing to enable my after-hours setup without drastically altering my existing setup?

Thanks for any input!

Everyone's tags (2)
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Multi-Receptionist After Hours Auto-Attendant

If I'm getting this right, then what you need to do is configure TOD on the line 1 DN and set a CTI RP with CFA to VM.

Since it's the DN that starts the cascading, it's the ideal place to use the TOD.

You won't even need to modify any of the line settings.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

I'd recommend you then to watch this video:

http://www.cisco.com/E-Learning/bulk/public/celc/CMToD/player.html

CTI RP = CTI Route Point

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

Not sure why you can't see it.

Theory is simple, you use the best match routing.

ie

1000 in working_hours Pt

1000 in afterhours PT

You set both partitions in the CSS from calling device.

Only one of them is enabled at any given time based on the schedules you configured to them.

Unless you have the same DNs in several partitions this won't affect routing for anything else.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If I'm getting this right, then what you need to do is configure TOD on the line 1 DN and set a CTI RP with CFA to VM.

Since it's the DN that starts the cascading, it's the ideal place to use the TOD.

You won't even need to modify any of the line settings.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks for the response, but forgive me a bit for being a little slow on this... I have the concepts, just not the precise experience I need.

Right now, line 1 is in my primary partition, so I think I want to avoid setting TOD on that unless I want ALL phones to be affected, right? The other lines are on separate partitions though, so I would assume I can make Line 1 separate as well and apply TOD there. If so, I actually tried this today, but I messed it up somehow, because making the change killed my ability to call the main line (number is not in service message).

Here's a breakdown:

• PT-SWH-Phones is my primary partition (it has DN x8000, my main line + all other phones)
  • PT-SWH-AfterHours is a partition I created with my TOD schedule. I tried to put my line 1 here...
  • PT-SWH-LineX (where X = 2 to 5)(it has DN x8000 only for each)
  • CSS-SWH-LD is my primary CSS (contains PT-SWH-AfterHours and then PT-SWH-Phones)
  • CSS-SWH-LineXtoLineY triggers the cascade

I would guess my issue is with my partitions and CSS's to make sure the initial incoming call can get where it needs to go. Any guidance?

Also, I'm not clear on what you mean by setting a CTI RP... can you clarify?

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

I'd recommend you then to watch this video:

http://www.cisco.com/E-Learning/bulk/public/celc/CMToD/player.html

CTI RP = CTI Route Point

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Any reason why that video displays only a white box and won't play on IE8, Firefox, and Chrome?

Cisco Employee

Not sure why you can't see it.

Theory is simple, you use the best match routing.

ie

1000 in working_hours Pt

1000 in afterhours PT

You set both partitions in the CSS from calling device.

Only one of them is enabled at any given time based on the schedules you configured to them.

Unless you have the same DNs in several partitions this won't affect routing for anything else.

HTH

java

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thanks for the pointers and assistance! I was able to get it configured and working in about 10 minutes once I sat down to do it... a piece of cake!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content