Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple BRI on shared gateway

Hi folks,

One of my customer has a CUCM8.6 with H.323 gateway (Cisco 1861e with two integrated BRI ports). This infrastructure is shared between two companies. How can I select which BRI makes outgoing calls based on internal calling party (for example phones from 201 to 205 have to dialout through BRI 0/1/0 and extension 206 to 211 have to dialout through BRI 0/1/1).

I've been googling a bit, but can't find anything (or can't find the right words for search phrase).

Thanks a lot.

Fred

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Fred

One way is to set up two dial peers, one with destination-pattern 9T, and one destination-pattern 8T.

In CUCM, you then set up route patterns for 9.@ for each customer, and send 9.whatever for cust A through as it is. Those calls will hit the 9T peer on the gateway.

Customer B you would use the called party transform of the 9.@ route pattern to drop the 9 and prefix 8, so that hits the 8T peer on the GW.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aron,

Thanks for your help.

Might do the trick but unfortunately, they don't dial digit for outside call (very specific country dial plan, very specific customer)

What I've found up to now would be to add a digit on called number leaving the CUCM (through translation pattern) and to strip this digit when leaving the gateway.

But that might be easier if there was something like incoming-pattern (in opposite to destination-pattern) at the IOS level :-)

Cheers

Fred

Hi

The pattern users dial isn't relevant - that was just an example as it's typical for 9 to be dialled.

You could equally have no prefix, but each customer would have their own route pattern, and each route pattern would prefix 8 or 9 to select an outbound dial peer. The outbound dial peer would then strip that prefix.

There is an 'incoming called-number' used to match the inbound peer, but I don't think you need that.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: